Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Why Do We Call It A Journey??

A Journey To Home is about just that...our Journey. 

It is the road we walk everyday that leads us closer to God and our family ~ or in the other direction. We take each step by the choices we make all the while knowing that others are watching and may choose to follow. 
We may find that our journey has many bumps along the way. We may stumble and fall, or we may get a little distracted, and then there are those times that it seems the wind just lifts us up and we travel so far with very little effort~ I love those times! 

I am so thankful that I am not alone..I have a great leader & friend that holds my hand as we walk along this path...talking and laughing all of the way! I have the most amazing husband! Yes, I let him lead~ I want him to lead because he can kill the snakes that might try to cross our path...oh, and kill spiders! ;)  

In our family our little ones are on a journey of their own...a journey to find their way home. We are in the process of adopting our first child(ren) from the fos-adopt system. I can only pray they come home soon. It is so hard (and sounds weird) missing someone you have never met...and the waiting is so much harder knowing how painful & hard their journey must be for such young, innocent travelers.  

As soon-to-be parent via adoption we are working our way through the paperwork, meeting with social workers, Dr. visits, child fairs, home visits, conferences, hard decisions, and sleepless nights. I have heard the quote: Adoption the road of hell that leads to heaven on earth. Well, I wouldn't go that far, but I can tell ya it isn't easy, but it is so worth it!

So that is us...simple travelers on a journey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment