Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Little Book....Filled With Lot's Of Love

As I spend this day before thanksgiving in the kitchen I am reminded of those that I love as I reminisce on Holidays gone by...

I have been so blessed with wonderful family. I have also been blessed with good ol' Southern training especially in the kitchen! I can still hear my Aunts laughing as they prepared the food for special "get-togethers" and Holidays. I can still see my wonderful Memaw standing at the stove while teaching me some little life lesson...such wonderful memories! I can still see my mom almost at my eye level as I stand on a chair at her side while she reads the recipe and tries not to sigh as I always seem to slosh things over the side of the bowl.

When it comes to family I am have been extra blessed! I now also belong to another family...this one came as a wedding gift! Tomorrow I will sit around the table with them and laugh at their jokes, listen to family stories, and enjoy a wonderful meal.

Preparing for tomorrow's Thanksgiving Feast I once again reached for one of my greatest treasures....

~My little book~

It is a little cookbook my Aunts put together for me and gave to me on my wedding day. It is a treasury of all of the special family recipes, my favorite foods as a child, some little notes, and motherly wisdom since my mom had to view our wedding from the splendor Heaven. I like to think she smiled a little...

It is a little piece of home.


It is my passed and that in turn effects my future.

One day I hope to do the same if God blesses me with daughters, and maybe I'll stand by the stove and give a little life lesson or two...

1 comment: