Friday, December 2, 2011

Life In A Sand Storm.







I have been asked a lot lately about the emotional part of the adoption process, and the first thing I would tell you is that it  will change you.

It is like a good sand blasting of the soul...at times it is like living life in a sand storm.
It can be so painful, but it is smoothing off the rough edges and making you the parent your little one so desperately needs.It can cause you to loose your way; not knowing which way to go...so you learn to look to God.It makes the journey harder so you stretch yourself which makes you a stronger person.It will cause you to reach out out and up because simply can't find your way alone. 

It shows you just how small you really are, but in that how great He really is...

When we started this process...I am somewhat ashamed to admit, it was all about me (and still is, but just a little bit) and what I wanted;I wanted a baby, a family, and I wanted it NOW! The longer we have been through this journey~it is less about me and more what God wants FOR me, and what my little one(s) needs FROM me. In that I found so much happiness and joy. 

It is simple~ just another thing revealed through the sandstorm..

God loved me...so I love~Psalm 68:5-6a 
He came for me...so I go to them~John 14:18 
God defended me...I will defend them~Deuteronomy 10:18 
And most of all He commanded me...I obey Isaiah 1:17, & James 1:27. 
It is here in His Word that His peace sustains me...

With that peace, there is also love, and I have even more joy coming!! I have little ones coming! Now not to worry...I am not so naive as to believe that there will not be problems, stress, and even heartaches down the road but I follow this path knowing that I am not alone.. 
I know that the love and joy is worth the pain.
 I have a purpose in this life; that is the lesson learned in the sand storm.

1 comment:

  1. ..I also wanted to say that I'm not a super spiritual person, I only know what is in my heart.

    ReplyDelete