Saturday, December 3, 2011

Merry Christmas



As many of you, our family has taken time to give thanks unto the Lord for all that He has given, and is now preparing to give back to others the great gifts we have received this year. We anxiously await the look of joy on the faces of those we love while passing out our little tokens of Christmas cheer. The time of year in which we write letters and cards to family and friends, and greet everyone we see with cheerful salutations. We prepare our homes with beautiful decorations, bake warm goodies, sit by a warm glowing fire, and say an extra prayer of peace to all the world. We sing songs that tell the stories of that first Christmas and how our Savior came to save the world. At times it seems the whole world is enveloped in a warm glow as we hold our families just a little bit 
tighter. 


This is also a hard time for many as they look back at all they have lost.. I look back at times with family that have long left this life. I think back to my childhood when I had all of my family with me as precious memories that remind me of how to treasure every moment. Christmas time was so special; my Mother would cook wonderful treats, and my Grandmother would always visit on Christmas day and it would seem that those days would never end… In my simple, childish mind I could never fathom that I might one day have my own family and would never again share those simple joys of having everyone together. Time moves us all forward and at times it moves us further away; it is the memories we take with us as we go … 


Beautiful memories are made every year. As we go about our little traditions that make the Holiday so special we are always adding new ones. Those little things that others will remember about you, and reflect on how much you loved them. Remembering what is important as we also give our gifts unto the Lord. Reading the True Christmas Story every Christmas Eve and sharing God’s love to all that darken our door. Singing in the kitchen till the Carols of Old fill your home with joy. Letting joy shine in our faces as it does in our hearts. 


I pray it is the same with you. Let the magic that seems to fill the air; fill your heart this Christmas. Remember those less fortunate, especially children… Love those around you as we celebrate the day love came in to the world. 


From our family to yours, 


~Merry Christmas~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment