Thursday, January 24, 2013

I'm Watching..

The words "I watch you, mommy" were heard in the car on the way to church the other Sunday morning.. "Oh really?" was my reply to my beautiful 6 year-old in the backseat.
"Yes, you rubbed daddy's arm, then you checked your teeth, put on lotion, and then put on some chapstick.. I saw you. You look so pretty, mommy."
I thanked her and sat for a minute thinking to myself what else has she seen?? Maybe times when I was grumpy, selfish?? I hope not.

Another reminder was the other day, my 2 year-old and I were in the car, and someone cut me off so I had so swerve and slam on the brakes!!! She yelled out "THERE ARE BABIES IN THIS CAR, SIR!!!!"
It made me glad that I don't use profanity and was also a nice little reminder to calm my temper because my children are watching...

I want my children to grow up happy and healthy. I want them to think that their mother did her best, and okay in full honesty maybe be want to be a little like her.. :) I want them to make good lifestyle choices, and eat healthy food. That is a big reason I am trying to get healthy myself with healthy eating and exercise.

 I have to say that most of all I want my girls to see Jesus. I want them to see that there is happy and joyful life in living for God, and peace in a relationship with our Heavenly Father. I want them to know that He loves them...
I want them to see that...in ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment