Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Little Crazy On The Journey!!!

I am just plain crazy.... It's okay, I have accepted it.
I am crazy about my husband~ Crazy about my kids~ I am even crazy about my two cats~
Don't believe me?? I have a a detailed form on my fridge including when to give the cats their hairball cream and to only give filtered water to my fur-babies just in case something terrible happens to me and no one can remember the name of the vet's office! :)

Then there is another thing that  makes me appear crazy~ signing in the car!!!
I can't tell you how many times I have been chatting with my girl at a stoplight only to look over at someone staring not able to see my deaf three year old in the back (thanks a lot tinted mini-van windows!) which is  followed by the head shake of pity at my diminished mental capacity.

When hubby is driving I really get to show off my "crazy side" as I sign to everyone in the car.. ASL is not only my daughter's language; it is our family's language. So I guess that means we are all a little crazy, right?!?

You know, after writing this all out I guess I am crazy about ASL, too!
I love that I can chat with my little girl. I love knowing what is on her little mind....I love being a part of her world.
Communication is so powerful!!! 
 I love the craziness~ the excitement over the latest thing that she has learned!!! I love when she comes home from preschool and wants to tell me all about her day~ her teachers are so awesome!!! I just love the excitement of talking about what we are going to do that day...which is usually her wanting to ride her bike!
So yeah, I am crazy~ crazy in love!!! 


1 comment:

  1. To my deaf & hard of hearing friends & readers~ Please know that is written as my attempt at humor. It is the silly musings of a hearing mom that is in love with her girls with only respect and love for the deaf community and language.

    ReplyDelete