Monday, January 21, 2013

~The Story Of A Box~

 So on this Martin Luther King Jr. Day my kids enjoyed having the day off school... 
I have been wanting to do more activities with the girls as for one of my goals listed here: CLICKY

So I thought this was a good time to teach them The Story Of A Box. 
So for that we started with, well a box! I cut a door and some windows..
We talked about how the box was nice, but not all kids could play in the box. I didn't say why..
Then we painted the box...we made a dream of how we wanted the box to look....
 We used lots of different colors... We talked about people...they are different and beautiful, too!
We talked about how it is the different colors that make the box really special...
We all made our special mark on the box... Everyone leaves their mark on the world. 
Then we talked about what would it be like if only certain kids could play in the box??? 
Then I explained that that is how the world used to be...how some kids couldn't play together, and go to school together. Our country was like the first box.. and then someone had a dream! 
Now we can all play.. We can dream... We can hope... and most all of we can all play in box... 
I know this seems like a very simple lesson...because it is. My kids are very young and I am sure they will learn more later, but for now they are just happy to know that everyone is welcome to play in the box! 
I am sure I didn't post everything I said, but I think I got my point across.  ...at least I hope. 




No comments:

Post a Comment