Friday, January 4, 2013

It's About That Time...

POTTY TIME!!!

My baby girl is starting to show signs that she is ready to go potty. She has some sensory issues so it is going to be a bit of a challenge. Her pediatrician and physical therapist have told us not to expect too much, too soon. So we are going to take our time, but we just can't let her fall further behind...not without trying.
We believe in her and she will do it~ in her own time.
So here we go...

I wanted to start the same way my good friend April did with her precious princess: brainwashing...uuuummm I mean learning. So we bought a few movies & books and our potty watch.

Then we got our little living room potty corner ready... 

The froggy potty goes in the bathroom, but he is just so cute...memories, huh Tiff?  I have the little movies & books, potty, wipes, training pants, cloth "pull-ups" for nap and babylegs for easy ups! I also put some little toys out but changed them for puzzles and therapy toys. We now do our therapy play during potty time to save time.

I am just in love with cloth diapers!!! You can see plenty of that on this blog, but new favorite thing?? Cloth training pants and cloth pullups!!! They are so cute!!! We use trainers during the day and leak-proof clothies-ups for night and nap. 
Like I said, too cute, right?!? 

I almost forgot our hot pink travel potty seen below in blue!!!! I love this thing!!! It has a nice bag, folds up small and fits in my bag. No more TP lining public toilet seats! Even the big kids need it when we travel...


We also have our babydoll that goes potty and we sing our little songs. We enjoy lots of time playing potty, and trying to earn stickers!  We have also learned to flush.. Now if we can just get it all together.

  Please feel free to comment your potty training tricks in the comments below. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment