Thursday, July 24, 2014

Honoring A Final Journey

As you may know from this little blog or in real life as friends my mom was not well during a lot of my childhood and adolescence so I have collected mother figures along my journey. There are ladies that have been there for me in many ways~ to inspire, give loving advice, and a few times a swift kick in the backside when I am making bad decisions. God placed these amazing women in my life, and I am so thankful!
One such lady, is my best friend's mom... The first time I met her she told me "Hi, I'm Debi, you can call me mom! Yep, you are stuck with me now....I'm going to be your new mom, here in California!" ~ and that she was! She was just the mom I needed so far from home. She was always here for me, giving advice with her no-nonsense humor! She just had a special way about her... 

 She could cheer any mood! 
She laughed, head thrown back...laughing with her whole being! Her laugh was contagious! She made you see the lighter side of life. She let you know that everything was going to be alright. Even in the face of the greatest battle of her life, she was encouraging others, letting her family and friends know that everything was going to be alright! She just had that kind of strength...the kind that is so comforting and filled with humor. 
Debi was an amazing artist! She not only made beautiful things but interesting pieces as well... She made this beautiful piece for me when we adopted our girls; with 3 stars for 3 little girls, 2 hearts for James and I, and the love of a mother in the middle.... She was so thoughtful that way...she was excited for us, and it showed! She made things special. Oh, how she loved our girls! They love her too! 
There is so much I could say about this amazing woman, friend, and mom to so many... She gave so much to the world, but she would say the greatest thing she accomplished was the greatness of her children and the wonder of her grandchildren. I can only hope that I have taken all that she has taught me, and that I can in this life make her proud.
She was loved by so many, and she will be greatly missed...
till we see her again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment