Saturday, August 31, 2013

My New Little Chef

So I have a new little chef in my kitchen! My seven year old~ Beauty made dinner with me tonight! Now I have let my girls stir, mix and measure, but cutting and adding seasonings, ummm not so much!

Well, after a really challenging day, I decided we needed a little extra time together... I decided to have a little more trust and got out one of the knives that was a little sharper than a butter knife and not quite the type of I knives I would use...so I taught her how to cut the veggies and meat. Then I let go..

She did great!!

She was so proud of herself!! She introduced the meal as her own...she stood there and watched as her daddy ate his first bite...oh how she beamed!
Red Beans & Cajun Vegetable Sauce
over Brown Rice  

I am so proud of my big girl...so very proud!!

2 comments: