Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Because We All Need A Little Calm...On This Journey!

Yes I am talking about the calming jars! If you have spent any time on Pinterest (my new fave!!!) you have seen these little jars. I loved the idea! Umm...HELLO?!?!?!? G-L-I-T-T-E-R!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the stuff!!! Yes, I love that is sticks to everything, too!

Okay calming down...that IS what this post is all about right?!? So I knew for my girls we would need to use the plastic ones and that I would need some REALLY good glue to keep those suckers closed!

I made them in my girl's favorite colors: Blue for my beautiful 6 year-old, Purple for bubbly 3 year-old, and pink for my baby girl who is nearing the terrific 2s!!
This is them all shaken up!!! 
I wish I had made the middle one a little smaller..

About half way...

All calm and hopefully the child as well... 

These pretty little jars or bottles are mostly used for time out, but we use a modified time out for our girls ranging from special needs to "high" needs so I knew this would not work for that so we just use them for calming moments. They are great for in the car although after having one flung at my face...we may be making some a little smaller for the car.

 I needed a calming jar after that!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Those are the three colors my 3 adopted SILs love. 16Yr Old = Blue, 14 Yr Old = Pink and 11 Yr Old = Purple. :) I like that idea, I'll have to keep it in mind!

    ReplyDelete