Saturday, February 18, 2012

Our First Night As A Family & First Sickness...

So we had noticed our middle daughter had a little sniffle when we took her over to the second foster-family home so we called and found out what type of medicine he could have and picked some up on our way to the my friend's house.
The medicine seemed to help, but around 2 am I woke in a bit of a panic...she was burning up! I wasn't sure of the temp, but I knew it was high!  I woke James up and told him that we HAD to pray! My ever-calm hubby gently placed his hand over her head and prayed for our little girl as I sat there silently pleading that God would heal and protect her... She almost immediately started cooling down!
We kept a close watch over her and thankfully my friend had a thermometer handy! She was so pitiful and just about broke her new mama's heart...
I hated her being sick, and would have happily taken her place. I felt so helpless and out of control... We were so far from home.
Then she start throwing up...It was so pitiful. She seemed better getting some yuck out! She slept so sweet...just laying there watching her I knew that I would love her forever. She was my little girl, and I was her mama...

It never fails to amaze me how kids get well so easily and although she wasn't 100% better she did have waffles with us the next morning...I have never been happier to see someone eat waffles!

No comments:

Post a Comment