Friday, February 17, 2012

I Guess You Could Say It Was Labor~ Of Love!

As with any child entering a family...there is a little pain, a little stress, and a lot of joy! It is the labor that brings the love... The same is with our story~ our adoption story. Here is our first day as a new family...

We drove most of the night and got there around noon..went to have lunch and just relax for a bit. It was nice! I have such an amazing hubby!

So we went to the offices first and filled out the paperwork first....I was so nervous and excited!!! It seemed to take FOREVER, but in reality only about an hour and a half...

Then we were off to pick up the girls!!!!!!!

We went to the first foster-home where our middle had been living, and packed up her things, hugged her fost-mom, took a few pictures, and took her out to the car in my arms..
I cant tell you how much my heart swelled!

We then drove over to the other home...nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to walk into...it was heartbreaking & infuriating at the same time. We walk in the door and there are about 20 supportive friends & bio-family members in the tiny living room all crying and shouting in Spanish. My oldest is screaming, crying, completely flipping out and would not let me get near her~as she kicks her feet with fear written across her little face.

The social worker that had allowed them to invite all of these people had completely lost control of the situation. My (the adoption) social worker was mad! She kept apologizing telling us that this was not how should be...and how it just makes it harder on the girls. The two social workers start arguing! Hubby and I are looking at each other..not sure what to do! At one point a bio-family member so overwhelmed with emotion she collapses on the floor... Then some bio-members take the girls out the side door, I just looked at my worker  and said "Go!" ~I think she got the message...

Finally my worker takes over and started directing everyone..and we were soon on the road. I was shaking! Yes, I felt bad for the bio-family& foster-family, but it just seemed to be too much!
Our middle daughter (that had just quietly squeezed my hand till we were out of that house) had to go potty about 15 mins away so we stopped and that gave me the time to hold me oldest daughter so full of guilt and pain at making everyone so upset. It broke my heart. I wanted to cry for her, with her...but she needed me to be strong..to tell her that people cry and that is okay.. and most of all that she was going home.
   
I just held it in, held my little girl, and held it together till we got to a dear friend's house. We were staying with her for the night and she had dinner made, a nice room, and a truly sympathetic ear~ she is such a blessing! We fed the girls and held them till they fell asleep, then went into the living room to sit by the fire and talk to some dear friends that have held us in prayer for so much of our journey.

Hubby and I went to check on our little girls just lingered in the doorway watching them sleep. All of the pain, and stress of that day and many others seemed so worth it. We were parents watching our little ones safe & sleeping...we were in love!

That wasn't the end of the night, but more about that later...

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that's all I've got to say. I have Mexican In-laws, so I can picture it. They can get really loud and emotional!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it was so hard on them, I just want what was best for my girls...

    ReplyDelete