Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Our Overnight Visit!

Soo we had our overnight visit this last weekend.. It went so well!!! We got in town around 3 AM and drove over to my good friend's house. Next to our bed we found a gift bag filled with tons of snacks, treats, drinks, toys, art stuff, and games for us on the visit!!! She is the best & she knows who she is... *Love ya!*
We left her house early that morning to go pick up the girls and it started RAINING!!!! So we had to think fast and thought: 
where we could get breakfast and let the kids play in the play area... It was a huge success!!! They had so much fun and we loved the more quiet environment and smaller play area.

Soon it was time to check in to our hotel, play some games, have lunch, read some books (yes, in asl as well), and let the two youngest girls have a nap!

We made our first really big "oops" as new parents when we started to lay the girls down realized that we forgot the milk!!! The baby always has a milk before bed and the foster-mom warned what ever we did make sure she has her milk!!! We found out why....also that she has a great pair of lungs!!! LOL! So off hubby went around the corner to buy milk! She quieted right down and drifted off to dream as I made a mental note to never again forget the milk!!!

The oldest, my beautiful N. and I looked at some family pictures as well as our wedding album while her sisters slept....then she colored pictures, and I read to her as she held her Hello Kitty.  I love spending that precious time with my big girl before she is off the school soon after coming home.

After a couple of hours it was time to wake up and we got  a call from the social worker that she needed to come observe us with the girls...it was then that I realized how small the hotel room really was!! I was so nervous! I don't think I will ever get used to being scrutinized.. The visit thankfully went well, and she had some good info and some really nice things to say about our not so little family...it was encouraging!


It was then time for dinner, and some more time just being together...playing, and watched a movie.

Bedtime~ 3 baths, 3 sets of PJs, 3 toothbrushes, 3 braids, 3 books, 3 kisses, 3 I love you, 3 hugs, and one little hand that had to hold mine till she fell asleep....

They slept so well through the night! I was so proud of my girls...

The next morning we went to church at the foster-mom's church... It was good for everyone there to say goodbye, and wonderful for us to see all of the people that loved my little girl, and prayed for us~her family all of those years! The whole church gathered around our new little family and prayed for us...it was amazing!

We got some lunch on our way home, and our middle daughter fell asleep in the car.. It was just the cutest thing!

After lunch was naptime and hubby went to get cupcakes from the store for my birthday! The girls loved the cupcakes!!! There is nothing in this world like a big smile covered in pink icing!

We cleaned up, got some dinner, and went to the park! My girls love the park!!!

We had such an amazing 2 days we didn't want it to be over....

It was then time to take them back...it was the hardest for my oldest who is only 5 and her whole little life is changing... She just cried on hubby shoulder, & just about broke my heart.

After she calmed down a little all we could do was talk to her and try to assure her of our love and that we wanted her...and that we would come back the next weekend. Choking back the tears holding my little girl...not wanting to let her go~ I somehow let go and made my way to the door. Sometimes I think I can still feel that lump in my throat...

Dropping off our middle daughter after her audy appt the next morning was just as hard as her little eyes filled with tears... She clung tightly to hubby, not wanting him to put her down. We know it is just for a little while...and we cling to God's Word which God promises us:
"Leave your orphans behind, I will protect them." Jeremiah 49:11 NAS


We just can't wait till next weekend! All of this will be over and new challenges will begin, but we will have wonderful memories from our visits. We are so blessed!

After the appt. we went and had lunch with a dear friend in the area since we didn't get to talk much the Friday night before.. It was wonderful catching up and showing off the pix of the girls. I am so blessed with not only a new family, but great friends to share it all with... 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Eva diva, you made me cry...I'm just so happy for you two and pray that the Lord blesses both of you with a lifetime of wonderful memories with your beautiful family!!!
    Love and prayers, Sis. Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, at least I'm not the only one sitting here crying reading your blogs. I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!! So are they really coming home this weekend? That's really great and their rooms looks so pretty! :) You're going to be such great parents, and it sounds like the girls are going to fit right it. You're doubly in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your Family with us! Can't wait to see the precious girls and their smiles! My, How God has certainly out-did himself! lol. Love you! Jennifer C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! Glad you're keeping this blog! Thanks for letting others share in your journey! =)

    Love ya! Adina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad the visit went so well!

    ReplyDelete