Friday, April 19, 2013

Entering the World of Prepping!

Well, I should say...my hubby's world. I am not a prepper at heart. I like to be prepared, but in the back of my mind honestly I trust in God...and just kinda feel that we will be just fine. I mean don't get me wrong, I have a first aid kit, but most of my time and energy go into trying to figure out what to make for dinner....surviving & cleaning the disaster of a crazy house, not one that can happen in the future. No disrespect to those that prep, it's just me... Me and my tired self most days! :)

My husband is the opposite! He was a boy scout and it shows!! He studies prepping.. He lives it!
He also wants me to start preparing with him...as his wife, helpmeet, & best friend, I say~ sure. :)
So I started thinking what would my household really need if something bad happened?? Food, shelter, water, and protection.

I started thinking...do I really want to look into my girls' eyes when they are hungry? I am the meal planner in our house so I took over the food... So I am learning, growing, and sharing with you guys!
Wish me luck!

So I am starting with dehydrating... I have wanted a dehydrator FOREVER!!!

Pictured is some watermelon candy I made for the kids... I doubt we store much of it because it goes so fast around here!

I am adding veggies, herbs, & soup mixes that I dehydrate myself to my other grains, beans and dried goods. I am taking small steps, and learning as I go..

I have started a garden..

I am studying canning... More to come later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment