Sunday, April 7, 2013

Dedicating Our Lives..Giving Gifts Back To The Giver

Today was a day that we have dreamed of for so long... 
The day we would dedicate our children.

As I sat on the pew waiting for our children's names to be called a song from our wedding  floated through my mind: The Prayer. 

I thought of all of the hopes and dreams that I have for our girls...most of all I want them to know God. I see how much their daddy loves them and wants to guide and protect them~ how much more does their Heavenly Father?!? 
~We placed our children before the Lord and asked Him to bless them and to keep them... 
~We dedicated ourselves as their parents to bring them up in the ways of the Lord to the best of our abilities...
 ~We gave our gifts back into the loving arms of the One that gave them to us...
Knowing that all good gifts come from Him...
  ~We thanked Him with our whole hearts...full of love.


For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of Him.
I Samuel 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment