Monday, February 18, 2013

Secrets...the Whys of Mamahood

So I had this dirty little secret....one that I hid well. I guess I was ashamed. It was a visual reminder that my child wasn't exactly like other kids her age, even though is VERY close! Well, with one pic on facebook ~ my secret is out!
My two year old still takes a pa-pa in the car! 

There I said it. Ready, set, judge!

I know moms that as soon as that little one is one the pa's are bye-bye! There is like a sense of pride in your little one growing up!!! I have had plenty of moments like that...the car is just not one of them. 

You see I am going to share a little bit about my baby girl, like a lot of littles that come out of the system, she didn't have the best start in life. The things she was exposed to made the rapid firing in her little brain even more so...so when she is upset(really upset), she has to be helped to calm down. She doesn't have the "built in self-soothe button"  her brain is non-stop firing off be more upset!!!! It can go on for hours...it just doesn't stop!
Think of it as having a 2 year old with colic!! It is getting better...but sometimes it isn't easy. 

The other part that most of you will never see it..just like that cuing baby at church, you would never image screaming for hours! It is hardest for her when she is tired or unhappy which is mostly in the car...then we hear the screaming the entire time!!!! So our solution, especially when mama is driving?? Yep, the pa! 
So that brings me to the conversation with hubby... Why do we keep secrets like this? Are we in fear or judgement, or is it simply a matter of pride? 
That is when he gave me his secret, men don't do this... What?!? I never thought about it, but I guess they don't..
 He was like I don't think there is a man brave enough to come up and tell me that my kid this...or that!  ~Yeah, is a bit of a Protective Papa Bear too! 
A man wouldn't say that to another man because he knows what would happen! I kinda take it that it wouldn't be pretty!!!! 
 He went on to say that men just don't care...if it isn't their kid, they just don't care that much about the little things. 
See, ladies...it is just that we care too much! ;)
  1.  

No comments:

Post a Comment