Monday, December 17, 2012

Completing A Part Of Our Journey

Today we completed a part of our journey and in a way started another....
We finalized our adoption. 

We started our morning at 6am a little earlier that normal. Thankful for little graces our middle daughter woke in a great mood!!! She had some quiet time with daddy...and a good breakfast. 
I went in to wake up our eldest daughter with the words "Happy Dappy Adoption Day..." She smiled up out of the covers and "happy too, mama" she was still a little sleepy... :) 

I went into the living room and sat on the floor and took out the 37 curlers I put in their hair the night before...styled their hair, put on little shoes & clothes. I just kept waiting for it to sink in... 
As we are driving to the courthouse it starts POURING DOWN RAIN!!! 
Yep, all of that work, all of that sitting still while mama makes pretty hair was for pretty much nothing.. LOL! 
In some of the pix we pretty much look like...well like we came through a rain storm! 

We found our way to our courtroom and went to sign-in, met up with one of our workers. I am starting to relax...and then I found myself in a battle of "then" {Du du dum}<--ominous music.
Then I noticed it was taking a really long time....ehhh that is just how it goes, I had hair to wrangle. *eh*
Then I noticed one of our workers pulling hubby aside... Weird, but my 2yr old needs me. *hmm*
Then I see social workers whispering in the corner and my blood pressure starts to rise.... *ACCK!*
Then one of the workers come over to talk to me...and says "everything is fine, mama." *PANIC!*
Then the other worker finally came and told me that they couldn't find is in the computer! *GASP!*
Then I got REALLY upset...I am smiling but inside, a storm! I pray. *Will self not to cry* 

 It all worked out...our workers are pretty amazing and tenacious!!! *breath*

We go inside and sit and the judge says a bunch of stuff about....inheritance or something?? My head was swirling, and my heart was lost to me. It was a beautiful blend of surreal & defined. This was forever. This was my life. This was my family. This was forever... 

We go on to sign some papers and then we are on to taking pictures. My face is red in like every picture! I was fighting back emotion....stressed from before...and like a gazillion degrees!!! It's okay, I would have stayed in the sauna..ummm I mean courtroom all day if I had too. I had my babies. I have them forever. 

We were a bit rushed at the end as other families were waiting...friends and family met outside the courtroom to say congratulations. They hugged and held our little girls. They made our day so special!!! I am so thankful for such wonder people in our lives. I watched as my babies giggled and laughed. They ran and twirled in the open area fully loved and accepted.

 I sat outside the courtroom as waited for the last of our paperwork~ quiet, thinking. I kept waiting for this feeling that didn't come. I kept somehow thinking that I should feel different. I should feel something...then I realized I already did. You see for a long time now...
they have been mine.
Now it is simply legal. 









1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you and the family!!! They are yours and have been for a long while now. What an awesome Christmas blessing!!

    ReplyDelete