Monday, April 20, 2015

When Teddy Bears Go To Church...

This weekend seemed to go by in a blur....doesn't every weekend?!? I don't know about you, but I start my 'Weekend To Do List' on MONDAY! There is just never enough time and I am always running behind....but am I?
Sunday morning I was so tired...my eyes seemed to scream to close as I shuffled to the bathroom. A splash of cold water~ looking at the tired, haggard woman staring back in the mirror~ she needed to get her children ready for church. I will be honest, Sunday morning are a lot of work, blessed work, but work just the same! I pick the dresses, fix the hair, and find the shoes....all while dealing with meltdowns, keeping kids from making art on the walls, stopping fights, feeding the dog, getting breakfast, drying tears & soothing hurt feelings, and a million other things! So yeah, I'm that mother that kind of collapses in to the pew with a sigh of relief and then looks down to find someone else's booger on her dress!
So you may be wondering why I do it?!?
Well, it's simple~ I love God and I want my children to love Him too!
I saw this simple lesson unfold before my eyes early this last Sunday morning~ when the teddy bears were going to church!
I heard silence~ which is never a good thing around here! Well, this particular moment it was just the good thing I needed....my youngest two children were in their room dressing their Teddy Bears for church! They were encouraging them to put on their shoes quickly, sang 'Jesus Loves Me' as they brushed the fur...even added a bow on an ear, and repeated the little life lessons they have heard so many times... They were telling them all about God and how much He loves them! I just stood there and smiled...it was a simple reminder of what is really important!
 So, hopefully if you ever feel that it's just too much...just not worth it...I hope you think of this little story.
I may feel that I'm running behind, but I'm running toward HOME and I'm taking my children with me...and maybe even their Teddy Bears too!

No comments:

Post a Comment