Saturday, March 30, 2013

Times When I Think Of Her Most..

One of the times I think the most of my mom is Easter.. She always made sure I had a pretty dress, hat, shoes, etc for Easter. She also made sure that I had curls...I can still feel the sponge roller between my fingers...

She struggled a lot and a lot of times doing my hair was just too much for her.. I was constantly ridiculed at school as that just added to my ugly fat girl image. I hated my hair...I hated myself most days even from an early age, except on Easter!

I remember my dad would take my picture outside before church.. He would tell me how nice I looked and remind me to thank my Mama. I loved seeing my family after church, and picking the pretty yellow flowers that seemed to bloom just in time for Easter Sunday! I guess you could say that was the one day a year~ I bloomed too.

Now my girls sit in my lap as I get those same spongy rollers and I roll their beautiful long hair as thy fiddle with the curler between their fingers. I giggle as we watch a movie~trying to get them to sit still.. I tell them that they are beautiful.. I never want them to feel the way I did...

I wonder if one day they will sit on the floor with their daughters and think of me... I wonder if they will remember the stories I tell them about my mom... By then they will have their own stories...

So for now... I will just enjoy getting them ready for Easter Sunday.

4 comments: