Friday, August 24, 2012

The Yucky Stuff Along The Journey

Yes, today I am talking about two things that I really don't like one is laundry and the other is PUKE! Even worse when the two combine~ Ewwwww!!!!!!!!

I hate the tummy bug and with school back in session I know our girls will bring it home...

So I wanted to find out how other moms deal with the piles of bedding, sick blankets, dollies, and clean-up towels that come with our babies pets, or hubby is sick.. So what do you do? Any tips? Please share in the comments below!

I'll go first.. Here is what I do now:

1. Shake off...well you know.

2. Prewash with a couple of drops Dawn Dishsoap on cold. I figure if it is chemically produced to dissolve food, well, puke is food...um sort of I guess. ;)

3. Do a short soak/prewash with a few drops Tea Tree Oil. TTO kills germs, viruses, and gets rid of odors naturally.

4. Launder as normal on hot or as garment suggests. 

Your turn, what do you do to get those fabrics to once again comforts your sickies?

2 comments:

  1. I only give them sheets and towels to sleep with cause those seem to be the easiest to clean. We have designated puke bowls (which we get from walmart- they are last years easter buckets) Also I cover their pillow with a large garbage bag and then the pillow case. Oh and I try give them towels and sheets that can be bleached so it gets all the yuckies out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh also I have an oil that I mix with water in a spray bottle called OnGuard which kills all flu germs and bacteria. It has a mix of wild orange, clove bud, cinnamon, eucalyptus, and rosemary.

    ReplyDelete