Friday, December 14, 2012

A Bitterly Painful Reminder...


Today I saw mothers standing quiet and sober, eye holding fast to the gate, hearts breaking, and arms longing to hold their little ones in their arms. They were there early, standing, bodies barely feeling the cold. They were standing there because on the other side of the country there were other mothers that couldn't hold their babies...a gunman took them away.

This morning's tragedy was a bitter, and painful reminder to love our children and to hold them a little tighter..

As we our children were released into the schoolyard to us no one talked, no idle mommy chatter. No those mothers wanted their little ones home~ safe. The mothers were once again no doubt reminded of those mothers who's child's arms would not surround their necks.. They were reminded of how precious life is..and thankful.

I saw the  look of relief as their child walked through the gate and some blinking back tears as they hugged their child.
I myself was lost in that moment...as I hugged and kissed my little girl as she excitedly kept right on talking about her day. I am so thankful that God brought her into our lives and even more thankful that in 3 days she will be mine forever! I am thankful that she is safe and loved. I am just thankful..


We no doubt pray for the families in CT and all of those affected. We pray for our country.


No comments:

Post a Comment